Monthly Archives: November 2008

Millennials at work

While much of the generation-based research seems more likely to produce buzzwords than to actually provide a meaningful framework for thinking about social or cultural trends, a new report from Accenture on the tech habits of Millennials (people born between … Continue reading

Posted in Commentary, Research | Leave a comment

Great visit!

I recently visited UT and was amazed not only by the facilities of the schools I visited but also by the hospitality and sympathy of everyone I met in Austin. I visited the Radio, Television and Film and Music schools, … Continue reading

Posted in Visits | Leave a comment

Internship program news

I’m excited to announce that we officially have our first Portuguese intern. Antonio Aleixo arrived in Shreveport, LA last week and has already gotten to work in the editing department of the independent feature film Skateland. Aleixo is working under … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Festival Workshop Evaluations Reflect Enthusiasm, Success

Most of the evaluations are in for the Future Places Festival workshops Interface Design for Mobile Devices and Introduction to Arduino, and so far they show a unanimously positive response from workshop participants. People taking part in the workshops were … Continue reading

Posted in Festivals | Tagged , , | Leave a comment