Monthly Archives: October 2008

Outcomes from the Interface Design for Mobile Devices workshop

An outcomes document from the Interface Design for Mobile Devices workshop is now available [5.7 MB PDF]. Teams developed projects in user interface design and information structures for using mobile devices to explore a physical location, the Serralves Foundation in … Continue reading

Posted in Festivals, Research | Leave a comment

Video Game Master Class Podcasts Now Available

With Richard Garriott making headlines for his trip to the International Space Station, readers may be interested in learning more about his past. Last Fall, veteran video game executive Warren Spector invited several industry luminaries to come to UT to … Continue reading

Posted in Academics, Links | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

We made it!

Hey everyone! What a nice surprise reading so many enthusiastic posts. It was an honour receiving the UT students in our hometown, as well as the great works they produced, which contributed for the quality of the screenings. The success … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Well-Managed First Yr Promises a Good Future for UFRAME

My experience this year as a filmmaker at UFRAME was AWESOME! For a first year film festival the staff and volunteers at UFRAME really seemed to know what they were doing, and created a great overall environment for their participants … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Porto + U.Frame + Azulejos = Photos

I recently got back from the U.Frame Conference in Porto and one of the things I first noticed was the tilework (azulejos) that covered so many of the buildings. Here is a taste: http://wall-eye.com/photos/porto.html

Virtual Campaign

This week, US citizens began noticing billboards promoting Senator Barack Obama’s presidential campaign. This would be nothing new, except the billboards appear in the XBox 360 game “Burnout Paradise.” The Obama campaign has sunk a portion of its funds into … Continue reading

Posted in Commentary | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

UFrame: One Fantastic Week

For anyone who is considering entering the UFrame festival: Do it!  This opportunity to travel to another country, experience another culture, and few your film alongside those from other students around the world is incredible, and one of the few … Continue reading

Uframe and Porto: a great experience

I think I have finally caugh back on sleep after the trip and I now have time to share a bit of my experience in Porto last week.  First I want to thank UT and the Uframe organization for the … Continue reading

Thank you UT and UFrame Film Festival!

Hey everyone, it’s Ryan Parma here, and I just wanted to write a little something explaining the incredible trip me and ten other UT students got to experience.  First off, I have to say, this was probably one of the … Continue reading

Obrigado U.Frame Obrigado

I cannot agree more with my fellow U.Framers when they say that the first installment was divine. The programming was super, the accommodations comfy, the city fabulous, and, above all, the hosts hospitable. I too feel as if I got … Continue reading